The STARTALK CREATE interactive curriculum template is undergirded by the STARTALK-Endorsed Principles for Effective Teaching and Learning and is designed to support educators as they design learning experiences that are framed by a standards-based and thematically organized curriculum that integrates culture, content and language. In these experiences, learners will work with authentic, age-appropriate texts in a learner-centered environment as they engage in real-world performance tasks that allow them to use the target language beyond the classroom.
The six (6) STARTALK-Endorsed Principles are:
- Implementing a Standards-Based & Thematically Organized Curriculum
- Facilitating a Learner-Centered Classroom
- Using the Target Language and Providing Comprehensible Input for Instruction
- Integrating Culture, Content, and Language in a World Language Classroom
- Adapting and Using Age-Appropriate Authentic Materials
- Conducting Performance-Based Assessment